Saturday, October 15, 2011

An Entrepreneur was Born

As I reflect on my life, there were many life business experiences that helped mold me into the man I am today, most were good some were bad. Choices any of us make in our youth and as we grow older help define who we become.

When I was 6 or 7 my younger brother Randy would collect pop bottles from our neighbors and then sell them to the local grocery store. I graduated to selling Christmas cards and at the age of 12 took the money and bought a new 3 speed bicycle. I believe this is when an entrepreneur was born in me. No doubt my mission I served for 2 years where I tried to sell nonbelievers about Christ, changed my life.

After my mission I became a salesman where I cold called and sold correspondent courses at a trade school to veterans of the war. I sold real estate. I started a yard care business, then an insect control company. I looked at a multi level marketing company and joined them for about 2 weeks. My younger brother and I started raising rabbits so we could sell their pelts. Even though each endeavor never really made much money, I kept trying to find that home run.

My next experiment was the home run and changed my life again. I will talk about it in my next blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment